Seattle Public Utilities (SPU) is recruiting for a motivated, creative, data-driven, and equity minded Wastewater Engagement Program Manager. This person will lead community engagement work that encourages behavior changes around wastewater issues that help keep Seattle's water clean and protect SPU's infrastructure. This position works with a team of community engagement professionals and leads on wastewater outreach and engagement campaigns including What to Flush (only toilet paper!); preventing fats, oils, and grease from going down drains; and the launch of SPU's new side sewer assistance program.Job Responsibilities
- Building and implementing wastewater behavior change campaigns using community based social marketing or similar models
- Using data to shape outreach and engagement campaigns
- Identifying audiences and shaping campaigns to audience
- Developing and testing messages that resonate with intended audience
- Working with an equity lens in program design and messaging
- Translating and transcreating materials for non-English speaking audiences
- Developing communications plans
- Evaluating and improving ongoing campaigns
- Working with community organizations to implement strategies
- Communicating program successes and challenges with stakeholders
- Developing and managing contracts to assist with campaign implementation.
Experience: Three (3) years of experience in planning and research related to land use, urban economics, human services, environmental issues, conservation; or other work directly related to City planning and development activities.
Education: Bachelor's degree in planning, urban design, environmental studies, public administration, or related field OR two (2) additional years of related experience.
License: Washington driver license to travel to community meetings and events.
For additional details and to apply, please visit the job posting here.