Arcora Foundation is dedicated to improving health equity by partnering with communities to prevent oral disease, transform health systems and increase access to dental care. Our long-term vision is that all people can enjoy good oral and overall health, with no one left behind and as an innovative leader promoting oral and overall health, Arcora Foundation fosters a community focused culture that is grounded in our core values operating as one team.
As Arcora Foundation’s Strategic Communications Manager you will be responsible for leading the Foundation’s communications strategies across the organization as well as developing, executing, and evaluating external awareness and behavior change campaigns.
Come join our energetic, mission-driven team and make an impact!
- Serve as the lead for the communications team to increase visibility of the Foundation and oral health equity.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate Foundation’s communications strategy and annual plans
to reach priority audiences. Strategy to include tools such as websites, earned and social media, blogs, print and more.
- Create strategic roadmap to elevate the Foundation’s President and CEO’s voice through earned and social media and presentations.
- Partner and support Foundation program teams to identify, develop and advance communications related to their work.
- Ensure cohesiveness in messaging and branding across Foundation’s communication channels.
- Manage successful relationship with Delta Dental of Washington internal teams such as Marketing and Communications and support their work as needed.
Public Awareness and Behavior Change Campaign
- Lead a social marketing campaign focused on behavior change and establishing new norms around healthy oral health behaviors.
- Work collaboratively across Foundation teams and community partners to contribute to campaign approach and advance campaign messages.
- Working with teams, develop plans, manage projects and contracts, ensuring accountability, staying within or under budget, and ensuring progress through project life.
- Represent the Foundation with external audiences; prepare and deliver written reports and oral presentations as needed.
- Provide communications and staff support to Foundation Board Committees, individual Trustees, and the Foundation’s CEO.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience developing and implementing communications strategies and assessing impact of communications activities.
- Demonstrated talent for creating engaging, high quality presentations and messaging for internal and external audiences.
- Demonstrated talent for writing, editing, and proofreading.
- Experience in website strategy and knowledge in search engine optimization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Experience developing and reviewing budgets to ensure they include activities needed to reach anticipated outcomes.
- Great interpersonal skills; able to effectively partner with Foundation colleagues, community organizations, and other departments/teams.
- Flexible: able to adapt to evolving needs of organization, and able to manage competing projects simultaneously.
- Experience with multicultural communications and culturally specific media outlets is preferred.
Manage external consultants; may manage part-time communications staff.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree from four-year College or University, and eight years of relevant experience is required. An advanced degree, particularly in communications or public relations/affairs, is desirable.
Delta Dental of Washington is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.