Start Date: August 6, 2018
C+C is a communications agency with offices in Seattle, Portland, Boston and Washington DC. Our motto is DO GOOD WORK!
We are looking to hire a highly motivated, upbeat event planning intern for a full-time position from August 2018 to January 2019. The position pays $15 per hour and will include some weekend work. You will also be provided with an ORCA pass for your commute.
So, what is the SPARKS Event Planning Internship all about?
Event Planning & Coordination:
You will focus mainly on the planning, development, and execution of the sixth annual SPARKS conference, organized by The Pacific Northwest Social Marketing Association (PNSMA). This involves direct and frequent correspondence with PNSMA board members as well as SPARKS speakers, sponsors, caterers, venue staff, volunteers, and attendees. The SPARKS intern is a 50/50 split between being a behind-the-scenes coordinator and client-facing liaison. The ideal candidate is able to switch between these modes when necessary.
Additional Account Support:
In between SPARKS responsibilities, you will offer support to other accounts with a range of tasks. This might include proofing, copywriting, social media monitoring, making storage unit runs, media list building, researching and ordering materials for clients, staffing field and outreach events, scuba diving, T-Rex wrangling… you get the idea.
As an intern, you may also assist the receptionist with front desk coverage, and/or run errands for project support when needed.
OUR IDEAL INTERN HAS
- Experience organizing/planning events
- An understanding of basic social marketing concepts is a plus
- A four-year degree or comparable experience
- Demonstrated writing skills (there is a writing test)
- Basic Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience writing for social media and tracking/analyzing results
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and be self-directed
- Ability to work in a rapidly moving environment
- A valid driver’s license and ability to operate company vehicles without causing (major) dents
- Bilingual capability is a plus
WHAT WILL MAKE YOU SUCCESSFUL AT C+C
You value inclusion and diversity and are open-minded and respectful. You sincerely care about our clients’ issues. You are ego-free. You’re flexible, positive, proactive, and results-oriented. You’re collaborative and value a work culture where great ideas can come from anywhere (yes, even interns!). You have a sense of humor. You’re kind.
C+C is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
HOW TO APPLY
Picking up what we’re putting down? Please send resume and cover letter to HR@cplusc.com and reference "SEA SPARKS Intern" in the subject line. In your cover letter, please include a brief (300 words or less) answer to these two questions:
- What is the most urgent social/political issue facing your community and why? Community can refer to your neighborhood, college campus, religious group, city, those who share any aspect of your identity, etc.
- What are you looking to gain from this internship?